February 27, 2021
How to complete the Medical Marijuana Use Registry for your identification card
- FLORIDA RESIDENTS OR SEASONAL FLORIDA RESIDENTS (living in FL 30 days +)
Proof of Florida Residency
- For online applications:
- The Registry is connected to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles’ (FLHSMV) demographic database. If there is a match to the information on your profile, your state residency status can be automatically added to your application and approved.
- Per Florida law:
- Adult applicants (patients and caregivers) must submit a copy of a valid Florida driver license or Florida identification card.
- Seasonal residents who do not possess a valid Florida driver license or Florida identification card must submit a copy of two of the following documents:
- A deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental or lease agreement.
- One proof of residential address from the seasonal resident’s parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom the seasonal resident resides and a statement from the person with whom the seasonal resident resides stating that the seasonal resident does reside with him or her.
- A utility hookup or work order dated within 60 days before registration in the medical use registry.
- A utility bill, not more than 2 months old.
- Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statements, not more than 2 months old.
- Mail from a federal, state, county, or municipal government agency, not more than 2 months old.
- Minor patients must submit a certified copy of a birth certificate or a current record of registration from a Florida K-12 school, and a copy of the minor patient’s parent or legal guardian’s valid Florida driver’s license or identification card