While this form does not need to be signed, we do want you to read and acknowledge that you have done so.
Be a Florida resident or Snowbird/ Seasonal Resident (Evidence: FL Drivers license, Voter Registration Card or copy of Utility Bill)
Had tried other treatments without success.
Have one of the following or similar medical conditions:
Chronic Muscle Spasms
Positive HIV/ AIDS
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) or Anxiety
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
Terminal Conditions diagnosed by a physician other than the qualifying physician issuing the certification.
*Pregnant woman can be only prescribed Low THC Cannabis.
Other several debilitating medical conditions of the same kind of class or comparable, as determined by the Florida Board of Medicine.
1. One of our physicians will evaluate a patient with a qualifying condition for low THC or Medical Marijuana.
2. The patient will fill a voluntary, written Informed Consent and Release of Liability during the first appointment.
3. The physician enters the order into the Marijuana Use Registry of the Department of Health. The social security number is required.
4. COSTS (Not covered by any health insurer at the moment):
Initial Evaluation- $250
Renewal (Each 70 days or as determined by the physician)- $150
5. START APPLICATION PROCESS WITH THE MARIJUANA USE REGISTRY (Florida Department of Health) – Send a check for $75. The process can take up to 30 days.
E-MAIL/ ONLINE: If an email is provided you can do the application process online with a link that the Marijuana Use Registry will send to your e-mail. If not the application can be done by Mail (use a traceable mail service).
MAIL APPLICATION: Patient will fill and send the following form as applicable with a $75 application fee, and send it to the Compassionate Use Registry of the Department of Health (forms available online or at our office):
- “Compassionate Use Registry Identification Card Qualified Patient Application” DH8009-OCU-10/2016
- “Compassionate Use Registry Identification card Legal Representative Application” DH8010-OCU-10/2016.
* Is patient's responsibility to submit any changes in name, address, legal representative, lost or stolen card or if no longer have a qualifying medical condition to the Department of Health within 10 days with Change, Replacement or Surrender Request DH8012-OCU-10/2016.
5. The patient may fill the order at any dispensary called Marijuana Treatment Centers.
There will be more treatments centers soon (Updated list on the Florida Health website). We are not affiliated with any of them.
There are approved dispensaries in Florida, most of them do home delivery and deliver statewide. Also some of them give discounts for enrolling in supply programs with them. You can choose the one of your preference. Medical marijuana cannot be mailed. (As June 2017). Cost and Strains of the products varies per dispensary.
Some of the dispensaries are:
1. Trulieve—Gadsden County
2. CHT Medical—Alachua County
3. The Green Solution—Alachua County
4. Knox Medical—Orange County
5. Grow Healthy—Polk County
6. Surterra Therapeutics—Hillsborough County
7. Modern Health Concepts—Miami-Dade County
OFFICE OF MEDICAL MARIJUANA USE PATIENT HELPLINE:
In the news:
What You Should Know About Medical Marijuana
- as published on Health and Wellness Magazine in July 2017